Most Influential ICFP Paper Award
Presented annually to the author(s) of a paper presented at the ICFP held 10 years prior to the award year. The award includes a prize of $1,000 to be split among the authors of the winning paper. The papers are judged by their influence over the past decade. This award was initiated in 2007 (for 1997).
The award given in year N is for the most influential paper presented at the conference held in year N-10. The selection committee consists of the following members:
- the current SIGPLAN Chair, ex officio,
- a member of the SIGPLAN EC appointed as committee Chair by the SIGPLAN Chair,
- the General Chair and Program Chair for ICFP N-10,
- the General Chair and Program Chair for ICFP N-1, and
- a member of the SIGPLAN EC appointed by the committee Chair.
The SIGPLAN Chair shall also adjudicate conflicts of interest, appointing substitutes to the committee as necessary.