Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI)
Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI) is the premier forum for researchers, developers, practitioners, and students to present research on programming language design and implementation.
PLDI Fast Facts
Practices of PLDI
The document Practices of PLDI describes the contract between PLDI organizers and the broader community. The document was approved in June 2013. The Chair of the PLDI Steering Committee has the source for the document and is responsible for maintaining it in consultation with the PLDI Steering Committee and the broader community.
Most Influential PLDI Paper Award
Each year a "Most Influential" PLDI paper from 10 years previously is chosen and an presentation is made at PLDI. More details about this award and past winning papers can be found here. SIGPLAN also makes several other awards including an "Outstanding Dissertation Award." Please consider making a nomination for one of these awards. More details about the SIGPLAN awards can be found here.
PLDI Steering Committee
The PLDI Steering Committee is constituted by the following members:
- current and past two SIGPLAN Chairs,
- current and past vice chair of SIGPLAN,
- current and past two PLDI General Chairs,
- current and past two PLDI Program Chairs, and
- the outgoing Chair of the Steering Committee, for one year past the end of his or her term as Chair.
The Chair of the Steering Committee is elected by the Steering Committee from among the members of the committee to serve a two-year term. The outgoing chair serves an additional year on the committee past his or her term as chair to provide institutional memory.
The constitution of the steering committee changes each year on July 1, with the PLDI chairs changing every year and the SIGPLAN chairs/vice chairs changing every third year.
The current PLDI steering committee is:
- Kathleen Fisher (Chair), past past SIGPLAN Chair
- Philip Wadler, past SIGPLAN Chair
- Jan Vitek, current SIGPLAN Chair and 2012 General Chair
- Graham Hutton, past SIGPLAN Vice Chair
- Jeremy Gibbons, current SIGPLAN Vice Chair
- Frank Tip, 2012 Program Chair
- Hans Boehm, 2013 Generai Chair
- Cormac Flanagan, 2013 Program Chair
- Michael O'Boyle, 2014 General Chair
- Keshav Pingali, 2014 Program Chair
Web Pages of Previous Conferences
PLDI 2014 (Edinburgh, UK)
PLDI 2013 (Seattle, WA)
PLDI 2012 (Beijing, China)
PLDI 2011 (San Jose, CA)
PLDI 2010 (Toronto, Ontario)
PLDI 2009 (Dublin, Ireland)
PLDI 2008 (Tucson, AZ)
PLDI 2007 (San Diego, CA)
PLDI 2006 (Ottawa, Canada)
PLDI 2005 (Chicago, IL)
PLDI 2004 (Washington, DC)
PLDI 2003 (San Diego, CA)
PLDI 2002 (Berlin, Germany)
PLDI 2001 (Snowbird, UT)
PLDI 2000 (Vancouver, BC)
PLDI 1999 (Atlanta, GA)
PLDI 1998 (Montreal, Canada)
PLDI 1997 (Las Vegas, Nevada)
20 Years of PLDI (1979-1999)
Click here to view a selection of 50 influential papers that appeared in the Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation and its predecessors from 1979 to 1999. The selected papers will appear in special issue of SIGPLAN Notices.