Information for Students
ACM and SIGPLAN offers many benefits for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Large discounts on registration at SIGPLAN-sponsored conferences and workshops.
- Student SIGPLAN membership includes full access to all SIGPLAN material in ACM's Digital Library and an annual CD that contains all SIGPLAN conferences and workshop proceedings and the issues of SIGPLAN Notices for that year. More details are available on SIGPLAN's membership information and benefits page.
- Opportunities for support to attend SIGPLAN sponsored conferences through the SIGPLAN Professional Activities Committee (PAC) program. The PAC committee also provides travel support for a companion care-provider for those with small children or disabilities.
- Opportunities for support to attend SIGPLAN-sponsored summer
schools. These schools expose students to cutting-edge research on
a variety of topics. Previous SIGPLAN-sponsored summer schools
- Language-based Techniques for Integrating with the External World at the University of Oregon.
- Language-based Techniques for Concurrent and Distributed Software at the University of Oregon.
- CRA-W/CDC Programming Languages Summer School at the University of Texas.
- Access to MentorNet. MentorNet is an organization that promotes e-mentoring between students and professionals.
- Opportunities to be a student volunteer at a conference in return for financial support to attend the conference contact the general chair of the specific conference for more information. See the appropriate web site for the conference.
- Networking and leadership opportunities through SIGPLAN-sponsored conferences, student and professional chapter meetings, and the ACM student website.