Information for Students
ACM and SIGPLAN offers many benefits for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Large discounts on registration at SIGPLAN-sponsored
conferences and workshops.
- Student SIGPLAN membership includes full access to all SIGPLAN
material in ACM’s Digital Library and an annual CD that contains
all SIGPLAN conferences and workshop proceedings and the issues of
SIGPLAN Notices for that year. More details are available on
SIGPLAN’s membership information and benefits page.
- Opportunities for support to attend SIGPLAN sponsored
conferences through the SIGPLAN Professional Activities Committee (PAC) program. The PAC committee also provides travel
support for a companion care-provider for those with small children
- Opportunities for support to attend SIGPLAN-sponsored summer
schools. These schools expose students to cutting-edge research on
a variety of topics. Previous SIGPLAN-sponsored summer schools
- Access to
MentorNet is an organization that promotes e-mentoring between
students and professionals.
- Opportunities to be a student volunteer at a conference in
return for financial support to attend the conference contact the
general chair of the specific conference for more information. See
the appropriate web site for the conference.
- Networking and leadership opportunities through
SIGPLAN-sponsored conferences, student and professional chapter
meetings, and the ACM student website.